Halloween is on a Saturday this year during the scariest year ever…2020! But no fear, how about celebrating at home with a festive fall brunch using thrifted serving wares, cups and mugs from Goodwill Tulsa!
To wrap up the season and to enjoy a cozy Halloween, I picked up some adorable thrifted items from Goodwill Tulsa for a fall-themed brunch AND to serve my pumpkin spice whipped coffee in. Keep reading to get the recipe and ideas for YOUR own Halloween brunch this year!
I love breakfast foods – and this time of year you can take those traditional foods and make them PUMPKIN SPICED!
Nothing tastes like fall like some of my Pumpkin Spice Pancakes served up with warm maple syrup walnuts and chopped apples in a fun thrifted pumpkin serving dish (I snagged it for only $5 at Goodwill!)
(If pancakes are not your cup of tea, try some Pumpkin Spice French Toast instead!)
How cute is this little ghost mug?! Another awesome Goodwill find! It is PERFECT for enjoying some pumpkin spiced whipped coffee in (recipe at the end of this post!).
Since it is Halloween time, cookies at breakfast are a perfectly acceptable little treat and are even more enticing while being served in a spooky ceramic witch’s cauldron.
Tis year we won’t be hosting or attending Halloween parties, but you can have your own little party for your mouth by serving up festive eats and decorating the table for the season!
And since Dalgona/Whipped coffee took the world by storm as a fun pandemic recipe, why not SPICE it up and make PUMPKIN SPICE WHIPPED COFFEE?! I love how whimsical, light, fluffy and fun whipped coffee is and making a little spiced coffee treat at home is just what you’ll need to stay up and enjoy the extra hour of Halloween we will get thanks to daylight saving time.
This recipe is SUPER easy – which easy recipes are my favorite lately with a new baby. I like when I can try new things with little effort these days for sure.
Pumpkin Spice Whipped Coffee
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee powder (regular or decaf)
- 2 tablespoons of hot water
- A dash of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of Pumpkin Spice coffee creamer (I used Coffee Mate brand, but any brand will do!)
- Milk/Almond Milk
- Combine the instant coffee, hot water, cinnamon, and coffee creamer in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment or a bowl using an electric hand mixer (you can mix this by hand but it whips easier and quicker using a mixer)
- Mix on high until the mixture begins to lighten up in color and becomes fluffy (roughly 2-3 minutes)
- Pour a cup of milk/almond milk in a your desired mug/cup and use a spatula to empty the mixing bowl and top the milk with the whipped coffee
If you want an EXTRA pumpkin-y whipped coffee, check out my friend Miranda’s recipe over at her blog Spooky Little Halloween. She shares how to make a pumpkin milk for your whipped coffee. That would be absolutely delicious with this spiced whipped coffee on top.
I hope you make something tasty to enjoy this Halloween – and that you feel inspired to decorate your table with spooky finds while doing the most good this season by supporting Goodwill for all of your Halloween shopping.
Stay spooky and pumpkin spicy my friends,