I’m working on eating healthier by keeping away from processed foods and sugars. This easy recipe can be Whole 30 compliant too! Just modify as needed. I made this for my breakfast twice this weekend and it is surprisingly delicious and keeps you full – which I find is always difficult when you’re trying to eat healthy. My favorite thing about this recipe is that is has all the great flavors that remind me of fall!
Here’s how I made it:
- 1 sweet potato
- tsp of slice almonds
- tsp of chopped walnuts
- tsp of chopped pecans
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 chopped apple
- 1 sliced banana
- 1 tbsp of melted almond butter (check to make sure your nut butter is Whole 30 compliant if you’re sticking to that plan)
- 1 tsp of dried cranberries (not all dried fruits are Whole 30 compliant – try to find one that is all natural without any added sugars)
- Wash your sweet potato and poke it with a fork several times then heat it up on a plate for about 6 minutes in the microwave (time will vary depending on the size of your potato)
- While it is cooking, wash your apple and slice it up along with your banana
- Once the sweet potato is done, cut in half
- Sprinkle on the chopped nuts, dried fruit, cinnamon, apple, and banana in no particular order
- Drizzle with melted nut butter and dig in!
I hope you enjoy this healthy, comforting and easy breakfast treat!