Looking for an easy to make, sweet, pumpkin treat? Do you love fudgey, thick brownies? Then I have the perfect fall treat for you!
Behold – you can make your own pumpkin chocolate brownies with just four simple ingredients:
- 1 box of chocolate brownie mix
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp of all spice
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- (or 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice, which I didn’t have on hand so I mixed up my own fall spice blend)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 8×8 baking pan (cook time may vary by the size or the baking pan you use along with the thickness of your brownie)
- Mix pumpkin, brownie mix and spices together until everything is well incorporated
- Spread in your baking pan evenly
- Pop in the oven and bake for 30-45 min (until completely set)
- Let cool, then chow down!
- Frost them for some extra sweetness!!! (optional)
OPTIONAL – Spiced Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups confectioners sugars
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice (or to taste) (substitute with cinnamon, nutmeg, or allspice if you do not have pumpkin pie spice)
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Food coloring (if desired!)
- Place room temperature unsalted butter in a stand or hand mixer and mix on medium speed until it is fluffy and whipped
- gradually add in the confectioners sugar while mixing
- mix in the vanilla, milk and spices
- Add food coloring while it is still mixing
(I tried to make mine orange and my husband said it turned out looking more like peanut butter…)
- Frost brownies once they have cooled completely
The spiced buttercream is VERY sweet. I might try this recipe again with a pumpkin cheesecake frosting (per my husband’s recommendation) – but they are simply delicious without frosting at all too! This buttercream might pair well with a spice cake cupcake or a plain vanilla cupcake that needs a touch of fall flavor.
I hope you enjoy these easy chocolate pumpkin brownies!
2 thoughts on “Easy Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies”
These look so delicious and I can appreciate that they’re so quick to make! Lol I’ll definitely be making these sometime soon, with the frosting of course 😉 Thanks, Callie!
Thanks, Amber!! 🙂