Fresh blueberries can still be found in the grocery store (however I use frozen blueberries in this recipe most of the time since I always have them on hand for smoothies!) which makes this a perfect treat for September! If you’re not a pumpkin person, I recommend you whip up a batch of these homemade donuts which really taste great for any season! This is one of my favorite homemade baked donut recipes since it’s sweet, tart, with a hint of fall flavor because I add in some cinnamon for an extra kick.
Learn how to make this tasty boo-berry donuts below:
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup or agave nectar
- 3 and 1/2 table spoons of vegetable oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Handful of blueberries
- Pre-heat over to 350 degrees
- Spray your donut pan with oil
- Combine and mix all dry ingredients first
- Then, gradually add in your wet ingredients
- Stir in some blueberries OR press them into the dough in the pans (I usually press mine in)
- The batter will be stickier compared to most baked donut recipes. With that said, you will have a trickier time piping them into the molds. I simply spoon the batter in and mold it around the dount ring in the pan.
- Press in your blueberries (if you did not mix them in)
- Pop in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes (makes 6 donuts)
Let cool and enjoy these frighfully tasty treats! It’s hard to stop at just one!